TALIS 2018 Fact Sheet
- 2016: framework and instrument development
- May 2016: pilot study
- January – March 2017: field trial
- September – December 2017: main survey Southern Hemisphere
- February – May 2018: main survey Northern Hemisphere
- Exceptions to this schedule: Saudi Arabia and South Africa
- Provide robust international indicators and policy-relevant analysis on teachers and their principals and the schools they work in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Help countries review and develop policies in their efforts to promote conditions for high-quality teaching and learning.
- Provide the opportunity to compare countries facing similar challenges and to learn about different policy approaches and their impact on the learning environment in schools.
- No assessment
The conceptual framework of TALIS 2018 addresses themes concerned with:
- The institutional environment
- Characteristics and qualities of teachers and principals
- Teachers’ and principals’ practices
- The intersection of various themes at both the institutional and teacher levels
- Background information for teachers, principals and schools
Alberta (Canada), Australia, Austria, Belgium (Flemish and French Community), Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires (Argentina), Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, England (United Kingdom), Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Shanghai (China), Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Chinese Taipei, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States, Viet Nam
Target population: TALIS core
- Lower secondary school teachers (ISCED level 2) and their principals
- Primary school teachers (ISCED level 1) and their principals
- Upper secondary school teachers (ISCED level 3) and their principals
- Teachers teaching in schools sampled for PISA 2018 and their principals
200 schools per country and ISCED level; 20 teachers per school
Per ISCED level and option, one principal questionnaire and one teacher questionnaire.
Questionnaires delivered online or on paper, or both
2 rue André Pascal
75775 Paris Cedex 16