''Education in a changing world: The impact of global realities on the prospects and experiences of educational research''.
European Conference on Educational Research (ECER) is an annual event organized by the European Educational Research Association (EERA).
ECER 2022 in Yerevan seeks to explore how researchers are engaging with a changed and changing reality. How does EERA, an organization committed to engaging in educational research for the benefit of society, carry out this mandate in such a world? What, for example, do we mean when we speak of society? Has it really been radically changed by our recent experiences, or have we ‘returned to normal’? What do we now mean by ‘educational research’? How do we now ‘do’ this research? Has this changed and if so how and why? Does the drive to integrate and chare beyond previously defined borders enhance our potential as researchers to improve educational provision? Have we lost the contextual richness of our work in the drive to develop global solutions or are we managing to successfully integrate the global with the local? ECER 2022 audience will address those questions during the conference.
In addition, after the successful ECER 2021, participants asked for more online participation options, which may open the conference to those who might not be in a position to join us in person.
In person ECER 2022 conference will be followed with ECER Plus (online) from 1 – 10 September which may open the conference to those who might not attend in-person. Further details of ECER Plus conference (online) will be announced at the conference website.
- Tracey Burns, OECD
- Carole Faucher, University of Edinburgh
- Maria Assunção Flores, University of Minho
- Robert Khachatryan, Brusov State University
- Bob Lingard, Australian Catholic University
- Eric Mangez, University of Louvain
- Andreas Gegenfurtner, University of Augsburg (ERC Keynote Speaker)
Dates and deadlines:
- Submission starts: December 07, 2021
- Submission ends: January 31, 2022
- Review results announced: April 01, 2022
- 10 days' period to confirm in-person or online presentation: April 02, 2022
- Registration starts: April 25, 2022
- Early bird ends: May 15, 2022
- Presentation times announced: June 25, 2022
- Registration Deadline for Presenters: July 01, 2022
- ECER 2022 conference: August 23-26, 2022
- ECER Plus: September 01-10, 2022