Education for Sustainability
The 63rd annual meeting of the Comparative and International Education Society theme connects the CIES with a reconsideration of human progress (also reflected in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development adopted by UN member states) – by scholars, governments, corporations, international agencies, and civil society at the grassroots level.
The agenda finds its power by setting goals and building peaceful partnerships for the simultaneous pursuit of human well-being and ecological integrity. The theme reminds us that, while education is both a public and private good, its impact is global.
Dates and deadlines
- Proposal submissions deadline (via Program Committee): September 14, 2018
- Proposal submissions (via online portal): October 18, 2019
- Decision letters distribution: December 15, 2018
- Deadline for accepted presenters for conference registration: January 31, 2019
- Draft conference program becomes available: February, 2019
- Final conference program becomes available: March, 2019
San Francisco, California, USA