"Inclusion and Exclusion, Resources for Educational Research?”
In times of wars and conflicts, increasing numbers of migrants and refugees, impairment of a European identity and, at the same time, of an increasing re-nationalisation and attempts to construct Europe as a fortress, it is the more important to reflect on and analyse the particular contributions of education and educational research to processes and structures of inclusion and exclusion.
The ECER 2018 will discuss structures and processes of inclusion and exclusion, of recognition and misrecognition, regarding their relevance for education and educational research and significantly contribute to making such tensions both a scholarly and a public theme.
The ECER 2018 aims to theoretically, empirically and practically conceptualise, investigate and experience intercultural communication as a powerful resource for mediation, mutual understanding, and intellectual delight.
- Marco Catarci, Roma Tre University
- Marcella Milana, University of Verona, Italy
- Thomas Popkewitz, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
- Susan L. Robertson, University of Cambridge, UK
Dates and deadlines
- Conference dates:
- Emerging Researchers' Conference: 03.09.18 - 04.09.18
- ECER Conference: 04.09.18 - 07.09.18
- Submission starts: 01.12.2017
- Submission ends: 31.01.2018
- Registration starts: 01.04.2018
- Review results announced: 03.04.2018
- Early bird ends: 15.05.2018
- Presentation times announced: 25.06.2018
- Registration Deadline: 01.07.2018
Free University Bolzano
39100 Bolzano, Italy